Sunday, July 14, 2013

Men Who Cook: Not your typical omelette.

Roquefort egg white omelette.   
This is what happens when a person understands the basic fundamental aspects of food.
Yesterday I made a lemon/lime tart and had a few egg whites leftover. Matt offered to make me an egg white omelette. I relented because I feel that yolks are an essential part of this type of egg experience. Egg white omelets are usually so bland and I should have know that Matt would get that. He also has a very clear understanding of my severe lactose intolerance and what cheeses I can tolerate.
Let me introduce you to the flavor extravaganza I was presented with this morning. It was an egg white omelette (made with local eggs) with a small amount of Roquefort cheese and local chives (from our backyard). It was so good that I had to share it with you all. I might just insist all my omelets be made this way. It's a win win right? Matt gets a tart and I get this. An! It's the give and take of marriage that I enjoy.
Give it a go yourself and let me know how you mix it up.
Here's how he made it. 
  1. Whisk 3 egg whites in a bowl. 
  2. Put about 1 tbsp. butter in a non-stick pan and melt over medium-low heat.
  3. Place egg whites in the pan and add a bit of salt and pepper.
  4. When the bottom of the eggs appear to start getting more substantially cooked add a few pieces of Roquefort cheese.
  5. Flip the other side of the omelette over and put on plate.
  6. Add toast on the side and a few chives over the omelette. 
  7. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment